Full stack web developer and WordPress ‘gun’
Malt, a multi-disciplinary Melbourne based boutique design agency is looking for a creative, enthusiastic and ambitious full stack web developer and WordPress ‘gun’ to join our team.
Overview of the position
We are looking for a person with creative flair, energy and a true passion for creating valid, accessible, cross-platform, mobile friendly websites. The position will be on a contract basis, starting as soon as possible.
This position would suit an established WordPress developer who is demanding to have more development direction in their projects to an individual who is driven to progress their career.
A responsible, pro-active person with good time management skills will be well suited to the position. You’ll need to be able to work independently to consistently meet deadlines and juggle between various active projects in any given week. Good communication skills are also required as there will be team collaboration and direct client contact involved in this exciting role. We are looking for an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
Highlights of the position
- Be part of a great creative team in a mid-sized, studio; and
- Enjoy the benefits of working in Collingwood and the flexibly of working from home.
- Implementing designs using a mobile-first approach to create pleasant experiences on smartphones, tablets, and desktops;
- Using front-end style guides and pattern libraries;
- Ensuring good user experience design in all work you produce;
- Writing W3C accessible code;
- Dealing with clients on a day-to-day basis; andSupporting exisiting websites and web apps via our Support channels i.e. The ability to jump into various different code
- bases that you did not write and clearly and easily navigate through them.
- Writing semantic & accessible HTML5 markup;
- Experience designing, marking up, and styling page templates in a CMS (such as WordPress or Shopify) without the need for page builders i.e. Elementor;
- Experience with the mobile-first approach to front-end development;
- Experience with preprocessors such as Less and Sass;
- Working with Git version control;
- Working side-by-side with a design and UX team;
- Curiosity and passion about producing cool web experiences for users; and
- Experience working with build tools such as Gulp, Grunt, Bower, Webpack.
The Extras we are looking for:
- Knowledge of best practices to optimise front-end performance;
- Experience creating custom visual design assets (comps, style tiles, style guides, pattern libraries) for client projects;
- Familiar with MySQL, MongoDB and Firebase;
- Familiar with a range of server technologies; and
- Experience working with large website projects.
To apply, please e-mail email@example.com with your cover letter and CV. Recruiters need not apply. Salary will be based upon applicant’s experience